This policy details how Switchtec Ltd collects, uses and protects any information on customers and prospective customers.
This document is part of our Quality Management System.
1) What we collect:
- Products viewed.
- Company Name / prospective purchaser’s name.
- Company representative’s contact information including job title & email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
2) What we do with the information we gather
- To try and understand customer needs and provide them with a better overall service.
- Keep all detailed information to ourselves, summaries and analysis results may be shared with those we do business with.
We ensure that this information is secure by preventing unauthorised access or disclosure and having suitable physical, electronic and management procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This information is used for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is deleted from the system. Web site visitors can choose to accept or decline cookies, (most web browsers automatically accept cookies), declining cookies may prevent users from taking full advantage of the website.
5) Links to other websites
When used, these links to other associated websites takes any control from ourselves. Therefore, we cannot be responsible from that stage onwards.
6) Controlling personal information
Users may choose to restrict the collection or use of their personal information in the following ways:
- a) Form on the website, a box is provided that can be ticked to indicate when the information is not to be used for direct marketing purposes
- b) Previously agreements to our use of any personal information can be changed by contacting ourselves and requesting cancellation.
- c) Customers and their representatives:-
ci) may obtain for a nominal fee, details of personal information which we hold about them under the Data Protection Act 1998.
cii) may correct any information we are holding by contacting ourselves and giving the correct information.